Simply prepare, apply and cover.5
Flexible: Once daily application schedule that can work with established good wound care practices—such as daily wound checks.
- Apply in the AM, change dressing in the PM, or apply in the PM, change dressing in the AM
At home: Applied by the patient or caregiver in the comfort of their own home
- Allows patients/caregivers to visually assess a wound’s progress every day
Three-step application process5
Decide with the patient who will apply REGRANEX gel (patient or caregiver) and walk them through the application steps. Make sure the patient and caregiver are informed about how much REGRANEX gel to apply.
- Wash hands
- Squeeze the calculated length of REGRANEX gel on a clean, firm, non-absorbent surface, such as wax paper
Do not let the tip of the REGRANEX gel tube touch the ulcer or any other surface.
- Use application aid to spread REGRANEX gel in a thin, even layer of approximately 1/16-inch thickness over the entire ulcer area
Thickness of gel to be applied is about the thickness of a penny.
- Cover area with saline moistened gauze dressing
- After approximately 12 hours, gently remove the dressing and rinse ulcer with saline or water to remove remaining REGRANEX gel
- Cover ulcer with new saline moistened dressing (without REGRANEX gel) for the remainder of the day
Don’t forget! Remind patients to refrigerate REGRANEX gel
Lay the foundation for healing
Good ulcer care practices alone are often not enough to stop ulcers from becoming chronic.12 Consider administering REGRANEX gel as an adjunct.Review ulcer care
Support for you and your practice
Regranex360℠ helps simplify the prior authorization and product acquisition process, while offering live support to your patients.Review Regranex360