Watch a brief video on how to properly apply REGRANEX gel
Decide if you or your home caregiver will be the one applying REGRANEX gel to your sore each day. Apply REGRANEX gel at the same time each day — your application schedule can work around daily foot checks:
- Apply in the am, change dressing in the pm
- Apply in the pm, change dressing in the am
- Wash hands well
- Carefully measure the amount of REGRANEX gel that your healthcare provider tells you to use
— Your healthcare provider may change the amount needed as the sore heals and becomes smaller
- Squeeze the amount of REGRANEX gel needed on a clean, firm, non-absorbable surface such as wax paper
TIP: Do not let tip of REGRANEX gel tube touch ulcer or any other surface.
- Use application aid to spread REGRANEX gel in thin, even layer (about 1/16 inch) over the entire area of the sore
TIP: Thickness of gel to be applied should be about the same thickness as a penny.
- Cover area with a saline moistened gauze dressing
After about 12 hours, gently remove the dressing and rinse sore with saline or water to remove rest of REGRANEX gel. Cover sore with new saline moistened gauze dressing (without REGRANEX gel) until your next application.